HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
If you need emergency assistance whilst travelling, contact the TravelCard 24/7 Global Assistance team on our reverse charge number: +61 2 7909 2777
Alternatively, submitting a claim before or after your travels is easy. You can:
You will need to provide documents in support of your claim. The Claim Form includes Helpful Hints and a Document Checklist to make the process as easy as possible.
HOW OUR REAL-TIMETM CLAIMS WORK
When you take out a policy, we'll ask if you’d like a TravelCard to take on your trip and if you want one, we’ll post you a card. If you have a medical issue overseas or your cash is stolen while you are travelling, you can call our team any time on our reverse charge number: +61 2 7909 2777 for a quick solution and if your claim is approved, funds are instantly transferred to the TravelCard. Plus if you have purchased our Comprehensive Leisure Cover we can also settle delayed baggage claims in Real-Time.
Here’s how it works for approved claims:
- If your baggage is delayed, you can call us and we will load the TravelCard with up to $150 so you can buy essential items whilst you wait for your luggage to arrive.
- If you get sick or injured overseas, contact us and we will load the TravelCard to cover your medical expenses so you can get the treatment you need.
- If your cash is stolen, give us a call and we will load up the TravelCard in Real-Time with up to $250 to help you in the interim.
We will send an activation PIN to your mobile phone which allows you to use the TravelCard to pay expenses for approved claims on the spot so you can get back to enjoying your holiday without being left out of pocket. It's how travel insurance should be.
TravelCard’s Real-Time solution covers you for some of the most common claims made by Australian travellers. For anything else, we will sort those out on your return.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM BEFORE OR AFTER YOUR TRAVELS
If you have an issue before you go and have to cancel your trip, or if while you’re away the unexpected happens and you need to make a claim, you can take care of this by contacting our claims team.
You might be expecting mountains of paperwork – TravelCard makes it easy when you need to make a claim, just make one simple phone call to our helpful team on our reverse charge number: 1300 123 413, or submit the Claim Form.
Approved claim funds will be in your bank account within 5 working days.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What documents do I need to provide to support my claim?
The Claim Form includes a checklist of documents required depending on the circumstances and type of your claim. For further information please contact us on 1300 123 413
How long do I have to submit my claim?
If you have a claim it’s important to notify us as soon as possible or within 30 days after the date of incident. The easiest way to notify us of your claim is by contacting our 24/7 Global Assistance team after the time of event.
Can I lodge a claim if I don’t have all the information available yet?
We are able to assess your claim more promptly if all information has been supplied. However, you can still lodge a claim while you await other documentation. We will still assess your claim and let you know what we need to finalise your claim.
How do I contact TravelCard claims?
You can contact us on;
- By phone in Australia: 1300 123 413
- By phone whilst you're travelling: + 61 2 7909 2777
- Mail: Level 47, MLC Centre 19 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if my luggage has been lost or stolen?
- Notify us as soon as possible after first becoming aware of the incident
- Report the loss or theft to either the local police or your travel provider within 24 hours of discovery
- Retain proof of purchase for the original items such as receipts (or duplicates from place of purchase), bank statements, warranty, manuals etc.
For customers who don't speak English, we offer access to a free Translation and Interpretive (TIS) government service.
You can access this by asking one of our Customer Support Team when you call us. We’ll connect to TIS and they will organise a translator for the language you need. We can also arrange an appointment in advance with a phone interpreter.
TravelCard Real-Time Travel Insurance covers the full cost of the translation service.