Western Australia has so much to offer tourists. Mount Augustus the largest rock in the World, Horizontal Waterfalls, Wave Rock, Cable Beach Broome, Bungle Bungles in the stunning Kimberley region, the state hosts some of the most stunning and diverse landscapes Australia has to offer. But you don’t have to go far from Perth CBD to have a fabulous holiday. Here are our top things to do in Perth.
A city of great food, bars and things to do, Perth is also within a short distance to unique travel experiences that shouldn’t be overlooked. Get our and enjoy the fabulous city and the surrounding regions. If you have some more time to explore the state of Western Australia has much to offer.
- Enjoy a drink in a fabulous bar. A cool town for a local wine. Check out in one of the cities Hidden Bars in Perth, or enjoy the evening breeze on a Rooftop Bar.
- Delight in Perth’s fresh produce and local seafood. With laneways abuzz with small boutique venues, you can find great Italian or perhaps a tapas to share. There may be a wait, but it will be worth it.
- Set foot on hallowed ground. Take a tour of the WACA and visit the museum of cricket greats.
- Take in the views from the bridges walk. The stunning Elizabeth Quay bridge forms part of a spectacular walk. Particularly lovely at night when awash with light.
- Wiggle your toes in the sand. Perth has many local beaches to offer, enjoy City Beach for a calm swim or snorkel at Trigg Island. But whatever you do you must watch the sun dip below the horizon at Cottesloe Beach and finish the day in spectacular Western Australia style.
- Wander the vibrant streets. Perth has wonderful city art trails with public art – maps are available for you to help enjoy the trail.
When travelling, even domestically, remember to consider travel insurance to help with delayed luggage, cancelled flights or to cover the insurance excess on your hire car. The team at TravelCard can help you consider your options.