Travel packing lists are a handy tool when getting ready for your next adventure, however, they are certainly not one list fits all. The TravelCard family love travelling, and there are many different types of travellers among us. We range from the essentials packer, with passport, credit card and TravelCard to the comprehensive packer with long lists of adaptors, clothes and comforts! What type of traveller are you?
- First Time Traveller – A destination guide, credit card, passport, copy of passport, copy of tickets, copy of itinerary, travel insurance, a set of underwear and shirts for each day, three pairs of pants, a dress or nice pants, swimmers, towel, toiletries, thongs, joggers, dress shoes, adaptors, phone, chargers and lists of addresses to send home postcards. Our new customer service team fit this bill.
- Essentials Packer – Packs light and confidently. A passport, credit card, travel insurance, phone and a few changes of clothes. All you need is a ticket and a sense of joi de vivre. This is our HR Co-ordinator.
- Comprehensive Packer – Gets an excel packing list started as soon as the accommodation is booked. A checkbox on each toiletry, noise-cancelling headphones, adaptors, travel insurance, first aid kit, medical supplies, clothes for all seasons and travel guides for each city. This one is our PR Specialist.
- Family Packer – Well travelled before kids and knows all the secrets to packing well. A checklist of efficient numbers of clothes, a special toy for each child and snacks for the trip.
- Scout Packer (be prepared) – A large bag is top of the list! A scout is prepared for all potentials, a rain jacket, sun hat, sunscreen and a first aid kit are followed by clothes for all seasons. Travel adaptor, double adaptor, neck pillow, local currency, all neatly packed in colour coded packing cubes. Travel insurance for all potential activities in case parasailing is called for on a sunny day. Our Marketing consultant is this guy.
- Island Packer – Throws in a book, swimmers, sunscreen, sarong, travel adaptor and some local currency and he’s good to go. Our sales manager fits this bill.
- Golf Packer – Pretty easy to pack for this person. Golf clubs, golf shoes, golf pants, golf shirt, golf jacket, golf balls, toiletries and a golf magazine for rain delays. Travel insurance to cover golf clubs, owned or hired and to cover unused green fees. Our Head of Customer Experience fits this bill.
- Seasoned Traveller – A prepacked bag that sits in the corner, the travel toiletries kit, chargers, adaptor, headphones, phone with international roaming, wallet, credit cards, annual travel insurance policy, business suits and shirts. Our CEO fits this type.
- Snow Packer – A snow bunny who chucks in all the gear they need at the first cold snap. Snow pants, jacket, gloves, boots, beanie, goggles, lift pass, phone charger and airpods. Make sure your travel insurance covers equipment hire as well as owned equipment. This fits our social media manager.
Even though we may have different needs and a different style of packing we each love to travel and are excited to help you fulfil your travel dreams. TravelCard covers a wide list of pre-existing illnesses, provides cover for any age, we have policies for winter sports, golf and adventure sports. Think about packing us with you to support you if anything goes wrong on your trip.
Enjoy this article on travel packing lists? Want some travel tips? Visit our blog article: Tips on how to travel more for less with the whole family