TravelCard Real-Time™ Travel Insurance has launched #business4thebush, an initiative providing dollar matching for employee travel to bush fire impacted areas up to $1000.
Driving tourism back to fire affected regions: #business4thebush
As a travel insurance specialist offering domestic cover, we have already seen claims for the cancellations of holidays to the fire affected regions. Like all Australians, the team at TravelCard has felt the devastation of watching communities suffer from the impact of the bushfires. We wanted to find a way to help encourage long term tourism support for areas that are going to need a helping hand for the next few years to rebuild and recover.
That’s why throughout 2020, we’ll be encouraging our employees to travel to bush fire impacted regions – when it is safe to do so – and offering to match every dollar they spend up to $1000. That way, we’ll be doubling the tourist dollars going to small community businesses in affected areas.
For those who want to do more, we’re also offering TravelCard employees a volunteer day’s leave. They’ll be able to book a day off to help our in fire affected areas, whether that is to support a local wildlife network, build a new fence for a farmer or paint smoke damaged buildings.
Love the idea and want to be part of #business4thebush?
- Help bushfire affected areas by choosing to take a holiday here in Australia during 2020. Spending your tourist dollars in Bega instead of Bali, or choosing the Hawkesbury region over Hawaii, could make a real difference in helping impacted areas to recover.
- Encourage your employer to join #business4thebush – either through an Employee Incentive scheme like we’ve launched at TravelCard, or by choosing to hold Business ‘offsite’ meetings and training days in bushfire affected areas. If other Australian businesses also get on board, collectively we could have a real impact in driving tourism back to affected areas
- If you’d like to join us by offering a similar employee incentive and would like to know more to help get up and running, please get in touch.
Some fantastic resources to plan a trip include:
- Australia.com – Bushfire Information
- Roadtrip for Good
- Empty Esky
- Kangaroo Island – Everything you need to know about the bushfires impacting Kangaroo Island
On Instagram follow: